Wednesday, 15 February 2017

Valentine's Day

14/02/2017
Norwich 2 Newcastle 2

My husband and I have been together 15 years. And in the early days we of course always went out for romantic valentine's meals. And as the years passed we started a new tradition of my husband cooking me a special meal. The first time a Norwich game clashed with Valentine's day I even asked him not to go so we could spend the day together.

How times have changed, what with work, the kids and the football game. I think we spent about 29 waking minutes together yesterday.

My mother in law, took pity on me and, didn't go to the football so I wasn't quite on my own last night. In fact she cooked us a special steak dinner and we got to watch a TV show about a wedding rather then listening to the football. So my evening was quite romantic after all. But I think perhaps we need to add a little romance, we have penciled in a date night for Friday, the reasons it's in pencil is because our last two date nights have been cancelled due to chicken pox!

6 comments:

  1. I hear you lovely! SO far our 2017 has been ruled by The Pox. We had a mini break booked (last minute) for last weekend which ended up being cancelled (even more last minuter') due to littlest one catching them two weeks after his big sister. It is no fun - but at least there was still steak. Hope you are all spot free soon. Thanks for sharing with #DreamTeam x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor you, I think we are almost out of the woods now.

      Delete
  2. Oh bless! Those cookies look delicious though. #DreamTeam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you, and agree that we all need a little more romance in our lives. I think I might have less than 29 minutes with my husband everyday. I hope you make time for each other one day a week. Thanks so much for linking up at #fortheloveofBLOG. Claire x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks we did finally get a date night about a week later.

      Delete