Saturday, 18 February 2017

The Mart

18/02/2017
Burton Albion 2 Norwich 1

So we have all been looking forward to today for the last couple of weeks, because today we are going to see the Lego Batman Movie and then going to the King's Lynn Mart.

Our eldest is in fact so excited that she has spent the last few days practising for the hour change by waking up at 5.30. Luckily for me after a quick cuddle she went back to sleep until 7am.

When she came through again she decided to put a DVD on for us in our bedroom. I bought the Troll movie for her on Monday and we have watched it every day since, although her Daddy hadn't yet had a chance to watch it. It was a really fun way to wake up, all four of us cuddling up and watching a DVD. And my husband now understands why our eldest keeps chanting "no troll left behind".

After breakfast we headed into King's Lynn and the cinema. My Mother-in-law came with us and as she was driving my husband called shot gun, so I sat in the back squashed inbetween the girls. I didn't mind as we sang along to the Lodge CD.

The film was great we all really enjoyed it even the Bat Girl doll we bought along had fun. My favourite bits were the nod to Arrested Development and the Gremlins.  As a child I was terrified of them.

For lunch we went to Marriotts Warehouse, it was our first time there and I was really impressed. We will definitely go there again.

Our Eldest was really well behaved at lunchtime and very patience considering how much she wanted to go to the Mart. She even refused a pudding as she was saving herself for candy floss.

A brief history of the Mart. The King's Lynn Mart is traditionally the opening of the travelling season and it opens on Valentine's day and lasts for two weeks. They have a children's day every year were the cost of the rides are reduced. My Dad never used to let us go on children's day as he used to say it was half the cost for half the ride. I am sure that's not true. The Mart is a chance for the showmen to try out new rides as well as old favourites. And the history of a moving fair in King's Lynn goes  back to 1204.

I have been taking our eldest to the Mart for the last two years with my Mum while my husband was at the football. But luckily for him he got the chance to take her today. She loved it, her favourite ride was the Helter-skelter and her only disappointment was that she couldn't reach the pedal or the steering wheel on the bumper cars.

It was a lovely family day out, although I have a feeling me and Grandma maybe taking her back to the The Mart next week.

More on the history of the Mart 

 https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/nfca/researchandarticles/kingslynn

18 comments:

  1. Sounds and looks like a lovely day out! Thankfully she went back to sleep until 7am! 5:30am would kill me! #Blogstravaganza

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly she doesn't go back to bed every time.

      Delete
  2. I found you through the #BigPinkLink Party. Come join me at the Over the Moon Link Party every Sunday evening through Thursday evening. I look forward to partying with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh looks so fun! It's so retro and I love it. Sounds like you all had a brilliant day. Thanks for sharing with #bigpinklink

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fab day out! Thanks for sharing with #coolmumclub

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a brilliant event! My two would love that and I would be all over the candy floss. I think that we may need to invest in the Trolls movie too! Thanks for sharing with #DreamTeam x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a great day out, and I hope you enjoyed the cinema too. Thanks for linking up at #fortheloveofBLOG. Claire x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Movie was so much fun we're planning our next trip already.

      Delete
  7. 2 whole weeks of the mart sounds like fun. I love it when my other half gets to join in on activities with us your husband must have had fun! ‪Thank you for linking up to the #familyfunlinky‬

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like so much fun! The helter skelter is always my favourite and I've not had candy floss in years! I love that you took the Bat Girl doll to the cinema too, I bet she loved it! Thanks for joining us at #SharingtheBlogLove

    ReplyDelete
  9. That helter skelter looks so much fun! I cannot wait to watch trolls - i was tempted to pick it up the other day but we have so many unopened DVDs i decided against it! #sharingthebloglove

    ReplyDelete