Saturday, 28 January 2017

Chicken Pox

28/01/2017
Norwich 2 Birmingham 0

We have decamped to my mother's for two days to give my in laws a couple of days/nights off. And for them I think the timing maybe perfect, as after discovering a couple of spots last night on our eldest, and following a sleepless night as she was hot. We have realised that she has broken out in chicken pox today. After a Boots run, I never new chicken pox could be so expensive. I have stocked up on medicine, and she is now having a duvet day on my mum's sofa.

She is obviously not feeling well as she has started talking about her old friends and nursery for the first time since we moved. Apparently she is really missing them. Hopefully we can arrange a visit to London to visit some of them when she gets better.

We have spent the afternoon with Cbeebies on the TV chasing our 8 month old across the floor. My step dad is a saint for letting us take over the TV. I have also attempted some arts and crafts projects inspired by a Peppa Pig magazine. Although my polar bear marshmallows look more like mice than bears, but they taste just as good in a hot chocolate. Especially with some whipped cream.

My eldest is already in her PJs at 4.30 and we are now watching 101 Dalmatians. I loved the book by Dodie Smith as a child and the section below has always stuck with me "But during the many happy hours that Cadpig was to sit watching it in the warm kitchen she never liked it quite so much as that other television, that still silent television she had seen on Christmas Eve when the puppies had rested so peacefully in that strange lofty building. She often remembered that building and wondered who owned it. Someone very kind she was sure for in front of every one of the many seats there had been a little carpet-eared puppy-sized dog-bed."

My Mum is cooking us a special recipe from the new Rick Stein book Long Weekends tonight which should be good.

And hopefully she won't feel too bad tomorrow.

10 comments:

  1. Oh no, I'm so sorry that the chicken pox has hit! Your poor little'un! I've never had chicken pox and I'm 21 so if I have it now it's gonna be baaaaad haha! Those hot chocs look fab! 😍

    Abbey ✨ www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's milking it for all its worth but i'm enjoying the cuddles.

      Delete
  2. Chicken Pox is so restricting and uncomfortable but a good one to get out the way #bigpinklink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm quite pleased they have now both had it.

      Delete
  3. Oh nooo! We have just had "Chicken Pox II - Return of The Pox" (She had it mild as a baby and so... IT CAME BACK - GAH!) It really is so expensive isn't it? Hope she's on the mend now, oh and love the marshmallows. Thanks for linking with #DreamTeam x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope this doesn't happen to us. Poor you.

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry to hear that chicken pox has hit. I hope that it clears soon. For now enjoy the time together watching TV. Thanks for linking up at #fortheloveofBLOG. Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! Chicken pox are all, we had a special foam that helped us... PoxClin I think it was called? Thanks for linking up with #bigpinklink H x

    ReplyDelete