Wednesday, 28 September 2016

Up West

28/09/2016
Newcastle 4 Norwich 3

So my husband has promised I can watch the Bake Off tonight and he will listen to the game on his earphones, or ear muffs as our daughter calls them.

He has already cooked tea and is currently washing up so I'm not going to complain. But between you and me there has been a lot of football on already this week so maybe he is trying to appease me. I suggested watching a film on Friday night and he was very cagey about whether that would happen or not.

I have spent the last two days Christmas shopping aware that I am now on the basic rations of maternity pay. I thought I would squander what I had left on stocking fillers for the girls. I have no idea how to do stocking for siblings. My sister is my twin and Father Christmas bought us matching stockings so I am winging the present thing a bit. Although the baby won't really know what's going on I'm sure her sister will enjoy opening twice as many presents.

I took the baby to Harrods today as I fancied a trip up west. I wanted to get her a baby's first Christmas decoration, that didn't quite work out, I ended up buying the sort of tacky decoration I love and my husband hates. She loved all the soft toys especially the teddy bears so I think one might be under the tree for her this year.

I have vowed not to make such a trip again as I am shattered now and to be honest I'm not sure I will make it to the end if the Bake Off. And I'll definitely be tucked up in bed before the game ends.

3 comments:

  1. I love that your daughter calls headphones "ear muffs" - they're known as "ear muffles" in our house :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They say the funniest things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete